In a study on MedicalNewsToday.com, it was found that people who were classified as having low combined cardiorespiratory fitness and muscle strength had 98% higher odds of experiencing depression and 60% higher odds of experiencing anxiety.
There are so many benefits to working out, especially when it comes to your mental health. Exercise is proven to combat depression, produce endorphins and improve mental and physical health. Exercise is one of the best anti-depressives to exist!
How exactly does exercise help mental health?
There are many reasons backed by science why exercise is beneficial to your mental health:
- When you exercise, the levels of chemicals in your brain changes. Stress hormones decrease and endorphins increase.
- Exercise helps you sleep better, and rest helps your energy levels, mood, and overall health.
- Regular exercise boosts your self-esteem, productivity, and sense of control – reaching fitness goals feels great!
- Exercise can be an outlet for dealing with stress and frustration; it can help you process negative thoughts and feelings.
- Working out at a gym can provide great socialization to improve your sense of community and belonging.
- Exercise can help you loosen up and feel relaxed by reducing muscle tension.
- Exercise improves your cardiovascular health and overall physical health. People who suffer from mental illness are more likely to also suffer from chronic physical conditions like heart disease, diabetes, arthritis, and asthma.
How do I get started with exercising to improve my mental health?
The good news when it comes to exercising is that it doesn’t have to be strenuous. Just going on a walk every day, doing some yoga, stretching, biking around the block, or even doing chores around the house can count as good exercise.
The golden rule is to exercise at least thirty minutes a day. People getting their steps in every day is trendy these days! It’s a good idea to have a friend or accountability partner to help you stay motivated with achieving your fitness goals. There’s no shame in starting small; any exercise is better than no exercise at all.
The more different kinds of exercise you try, the more likely you’ll find something you really enjoy! And here at Performance Inspired, we want to provide you with all the healthy, all-natural, efficacious products you need to succeed in reaching your fitness and health goals.
Shop our incredible line of products here!
We hope that if exercise is not already part of your daily routine, you consider making it a priority. Choosing to take care of your mind and body can be one of the best decisions you make for yourself and those you love.
And let us know how you like PI products – tag @PerformanceInspired and #inspiredtobebetter on social media so we can encourage you on your journey!
#performanceinspired #inspiredtobebetter #pifam #markwahlberg #fitness #health #fitnessnutrition #fitnessmotivation #exercise #mentalhealth #mentalhealthmatters #stayinspired #fitnessjourney #workout