Tim Burke wants to help you stay fit around the holidays! Which is why he created the ultimate 12 tips for fitness Christmas list!
1. Stick with a workout routine the best that you can.
2. Indulge for special parties or dinners, but try to eat clean and supplement with PI shakes to counteract those indulgences.
3. Spend time with family.
4. Get outside! I love to play golf with friends and family during the holidays.
5. With a new baby in the house, we are catching up on rest and really trying to enjoy every moment of this holiday season.
6. Reflect on this year and set goals for the new year.
7. Find a healthy snack, that you can go to when you need a pick me up. PI protein bars are my go to!
8. Stay OVERLY hydrated. With the way that I train in the gym, and the intensity that I practice with, I can never drink too much water! Using Performance Inspired Re-Hydration powder along with the BCAA’s makes it even better! Recovery is so important. I use their whey protein, creatine, and multi-vitamins on a regular basis.
9. People say “work smarter, not harder.” I think you should work hard AND smart. More is not better – BETTER is better.
10. Have a plan! I go into every training and practice session with a specific plan and purpose. This keeps me on track towards my goals.
11. Stay balanced. There are always many demands from family, friends, and business, especially during the holiday season. Staying organized and deliberate about my training, practicing, and business is key – but family is a priority.
Smile, joke, and laugh! There are so many situations in my life when I need to be serious with my training and competition, that I always make it a point to smile and laugh as often as possible!