Performance Inspired offers many nutritious snacks, protein powders, and supplements. But one of our favorites is our 100% organic Better Beet powder. Unless you’re at a salad bar, most people probably don’t give too much thought to beets or to the nutritional benefits you can get from them. But research has shown that beets are an amazing way to help take care of your body and to get the nutrients you need to optimize your health.
These benefits are why we created our beet powder, as we realize that you are not very likely to cook beets on a regular basis. Our delicious apple-flavored powder can be enjoyed on its own, added to a smoothie or added to any of your other favorite drinks.
Beets are an amazing vegetable! Here are eight ways that your health can benefit from regularly adding PI’s beet powder to your diet.
1. Beets contain nitrates. Nitrates occur naturally and are found in many vegetables, including beets. Nitrates help facilitate healthy blood flow throughout your body. This can help lower blood pressure. When your blood pressure is lower, you have a decreased risk for both heart attacks and strokes. However, it’s important to know that this effect from beets is only temporary, so making beets—or beet powder—a part of your regular diet is important if you want the effects on a long-term basis.
2. Beets may help improve cognitive function. Studies have shown that consumption of beets has improved the flow of blood to the brain’s frontal lobe—an “area associated with higher-level thinking like decision making and working memory.”
3. Beets are rich in minerals such as potassium, iron, magnesium, and calcium. These are all important in maintaining health and balance in your body’s systems.
4. Beets are rich in folate. Folate is necessary for heart health. When your heart is healthy, you can work out longer, your workouts will be easier, and you will feel stronger.
5. Beets are also rich in manganese. Manganese is important for bone formation and the metabolism of nutrients. This is important for all of us, but especially for women as they age and lose bone density.
6. Beets are a great source of fiber. Our bodies need fiber to facilitate digestive health. When our bowels are healthy, we have a decreased chance of suffering from constipation, diverticulitis, and even inflammatory bowel disease.
7. Beets also contain pigments called betalains. According to an NIH publication examining the benefits of this pigment, betalains have anti-inflammatory properties, which can lead to several health benefits, as chronic inflammation within the body has been linked to different types of cancer, obesity, and even liver and heart disease.
8. Beets may help reduce blood sugar levels by making people with obesity more sensitive to insulin.
Who knew that beets and beet powder could be so vital to your overall health? PI did! We do the research and create products you can trust. Our Better Beet powder is both gluten and soy free, it’s non-GMO, and as with all of our products, it contains nothing artificial! We encourage you to try our beet powder—not for us, but for you. We think you’ll agree that not only will it taste great, but you’ll feel great!
Join our email list for weekly deals, sales, blog posts and more!
#beetpowder #fitness #nutrition #performanceinspired #inspiredtobebetter #blogpost #healthblog #fitnessblog #endurance #energy #nutritious #vitamins #supplements #protein #proteinpowder