The air is getting cooler, the holidays are drawing nearer, and the temptation will soon arise to fill your days and your plates with sweet foods. For those of us who have worked hard all year on maintaining a healthy physique or sticking to a diet rich in good foods, this time of year can be very difficult.
That’s why we want to share some awesome protein recipes made with our seasonal blueberry whey protein powder. Not only are these recipes good for you, but they are just plain good!
We encourage you to use them to curb your cravings for sweets and fuel your body the healthy way!
Why whey protein?
Our bodies need protein to function properly and to maintain health. One of the ways we can add protein to our diets is with whey protein powder.
Whey is the liquid that separates from milk during the production of cheese. It has many benefits:
- It’s a high-quality protein.
- It contains all of the essential amino acids.
- It’s easily digestible.
- It promotes muscle growth.
- It may help lower blood pressure.
- It may help reduce inflammation in your body.
- It may help reduce the “bad” cholesterol in your body.
- It’s filling, so it may make it easier to lose weight.
These qualities make whey protein one of the best dietary sources of protein available. That’s why we created our delicious protein powder.
Why PI whey protein powder?
At Performance Inspired, we use only the finest ingredients. Our whey powder contains no aspartame or anything artificial—just good and wholesome ingredients! We start with 25g of clean whey. That’s more than most other companies! Then we include powerful digestive enzymes for rapid absorption into the body. In addition, we add fiber for digestive health and weight loss, plus BCAAs for lean muscle support and recovery.
When you use our whey protein, you know you are getting the highest-quality ingredients, because we know that you care about your body. We care too!
Our whey comes in four delicious flavors—chocolate, vanilla, strawberry, and now our seasonal blueberry!
Below, we have three awesome recipes for protein-filled snacks and treats using our blueberry whey. You are sure to love these!
Blueberry Protein Muffins
- 12 ounces fresh blueberries
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- ½ cup PI blueberry whey protein powder
- 1 cup blueberry Greek yogurt
- ½ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 egg
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine the Greek yogurt, the egg, the honey, the vanilla extract, and the olive oil in a mixing bowl.
- Add the dry ingredients. Stir until the mixture is smooth.
- Add the blueberries. Be careful not to squish or break them.
- Spray a muffin pan with nonstick spray. Add the batter into the pan.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes, depending on your oven. Use a toothpick to check if they’re done. When it comes out clean, your muffins are ready!
This recipe will make 12 muffins.
- 1/4 cup nut butter (your choice: peanut, almond, cashew, etc.)
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, melted
- 1/2 cup almond milk
- 1 cup oat or almond flour
- 1/2 cup PI blueberry whey protein powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Preheat oven to 325.
- In a mixing bowl, whisk together the nut butter, the honey, the eggs, the coconut oil, and the almond milk.
- Once smooth, stir in the remaining ingredients. At this point the batter should be rather thick. If it’s lumpy or too hard to stir, add a little more of the almond milk.
- Spray your donut pan with nonstick spray. Add batter to pan.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until the donuts are golden brown on the top.
- Eat warm or allow to cool.
Blueberry Protein Pancakes
- 2 eggs
- 2 scoops of PI’s blueberry whey protein powder
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 6 tbsp of almond milk
- cooking spray, butter, or coconut oil to grease pan
- fresh blueberries (optional, and to your taste)
- Turn skillet on to medium heat. Use cooking oil, coconut oil, or nonstick spray to coat the skillet.
- In a measuring cup (for easy pouring), mix all ingredients except blueberries until smooth. Once mixed, fold in the blueberries gently.
- Pour the batter onto the skillet. When bubbles form on the pancake, flip. Cook just another minute or so longer—until your desired doneness.
- Serve with your favorite topping.
We hope you enjoy these delicious recipes! We can’t wait to hear if you made them and what you think. Comment below or send us pics!
Join our email list for weekly deals, sales, blog posts and more!