Protein Packed Doughnuts
Looking for a healthy way to cure that sweet tooth? If so, these Protein Packed Doughnuts are for you. They are easy to make and will help curb that junk-food desire.
Here’s what you’ll need: (This Protein Packed Doughnuts recipe makes six doughnuts.)
- A doughnut pan
- 1 scoop of Gourmet Vanilla Isolate Whey
- 2 TBSP of coconut flour
- 2 TBSP (14g) of almond flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 1 large egg
- Pinch of salt
- 1 cup of almond milk
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray your doughnut pan evenly with Pam.
- Add all your dry ingredients for the doughnuts in a mixing bowl.
- Add your liquid ingredients next and mix well!
- Once the batter is mixed well, pour it into the doughnut pan.
- Bake in oven for 18 minutes.
- Make the frosting while doughnuts are cooking.
- Once doughnuts are done cooking, remove from oven and allow them to cool before removing from pan.
Make the frosting:
- Whip the Isolate Whey and water together.
- Store the mixture in the fridge until the doughnuts are completely cool.
- Spread over doughnuts and enjoy!
Have a protein recipe you’d like to share with us? Comment below or tag us @performinspired. If you tried this Protein Packed Doughnuts recipe, please feel free to share your pics!