One of the greatest benefits of beetroot powder is that you can reap all of the nutrition without worrying about the shelf life, messy preparation, or long cooking times of regular beets.
Check out these unique Beet Powder Recipes!
Spiced Beet Chai Latte
If you like chai lattes, you’ll love this recipe. It is super easy to make!
- 3 cups of almond milk (or any other milk of choice)
- 6 tbsp of chai tea spice
- 1 tsp of Performance Inspired Beet Powder
- 4 drops of water
- 1 dash of ground cinnamon
Put all the above ingredients into a blender, blend, and enjoy!
This recipe is great for yogurt lovers!
- 1 cup of plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp of Performance Inspired Beet Powder
- 1 tbsp of maple syrup
- 2 tbsp of granola
- Add all of the ingredients to a small bowl.
- Stir with a spoon until the mixture is well combined.
- Add the granola topping, serve, and enjoy!
- 600g of flour (bread and pasta flour)
- 6 eggs
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- pinch sea salt
- 3 tsp of Performance Inspired Beet Powder
- Place the flour on a clean countertop, then sift in the PI Beet Powder and sea salt.
- Create a well in the center of the flour mixture.
- Crack the eggs into the well, then beat with a fork until smooth.
- Use your hands to mix the eggs and flour. Incorporate just a little at a time.
- When the flour and eggs are well combined, add the olive oil.
- Knead the mixture together until you get a solid clump of dough. Continue kneading until the dough is smooth and has no lumps. This may take several minutes. Kneading properly is important so that your cooked pasta won’t become a mushy mess.
- Once you have a smooth ball of dough, wrap it in plastic wrap and put it in the refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- After 30 minutes, remove the dough from the refrigerator and cut a piece about the size of a lemon. Flatten this piece out with your hand. Set your pasta maker to the widest setting and put the piece of dough you just shaped through it. Then move the pasta maker down one level and roll the dough through it again. Continue doing this, each time moving the pasta maker down a level. When it gets to your desired thickness/thinness, stop. Repeat this process with more dough.
- Add the fettuccine attachment to the pasta maker and roll your sheets of pasta through it, one at a time. This setting cuts the sheets into fettuccine noodles. Hang the noodles to dry.
- Cook and enjoy!
Did you make any of these Beet Powder Recipes? Do you have any of your own? Tag us @performinspired on social media and send a picture of your beet powder creation. We’d love to hear from you!